Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Being Organized, and a July 30, 1987 greeting card

At some point around my 20th birthday, my mother bought me a file cabinet. It wasn't like a typical office cabinet as it only had one compartment on top for files and a shelf below it. The top held hanging file folder and was beige. The bottom was dark brown and was where I could store random books or other items that were too bulky to be stored in file folders. It had a locking top, though I rarely felt the need to secure it.

I doubt many young adults wanted a file cabinet for their birthday, but I did. I became very organized from a young age which helped a lot when it came to my expanding and expansive KISS collection. I had more posters than my walls could accommodate and had a system for keeping the extras in tubes in a manner that allowed me to easily locate the ones I wanted when I was ready to "redecorate" by swapping them around.

Despite my high levels of organization, I sometimes lost track of things. I think this was down to having more volume and less about a failure on my part to keep things in order. The card that I'm sharing today was one of those things that I lost, then found again. It wasn't unusual given the staggering amount of correspondence that I produced for things to be set aside and forgotten, then discovered and completed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. Please note that comments are moderated so spam or abuse will not appear.