Wednesday, January 8, 2020

I Wrote a Book

I wrote a book about a very unique time in my life when I was in a long-distance relationship. It will be self-published on Amazon as soon as I put a few finishing touches on it and will be linked to at that time in case anyone who stumbles on this wants to get the full story.The story is true with no elements of fiction aside from my changing of names to protect the innocent.

Since memory is faulty, and my story takes place over 30 years ago. I wanted to be certain that there was as little drift as possible between the facts and the cobwebby recollections that I might have. Fortunately, long distance relationships back in the late 80's required a lot of material exchange and I have a generous and detailed historical record.



The tub on the left is full of cassette tapes that are a double layer deep. There are nearly a hundred of them. My long-distance partner and I exchanged both "talk tapes" as well as copious numbers of letters, postcards, and greeting cards (in the tubs on the right and center). I also kept two photo albums full of material. I'm pretty sure this is enough to keep my story straight with the reality of my youth.

This blog as well as a Facebook Page and Instagram page are supplemental materials to the book I've written. I'm going to show or talk about the materials pictured here over time to add color and detail to a story that needed to be greatly compressed in order to fit into about 270 pages. I hope you enjoy sharing my memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. Please note that comments are moderated so spam or abuse will not appear.